Saturday, 6:30 p.m., four women dragged themselves into my house for the finale of what has become the event of the year. This was much earlier than I had planned. I thought I had until 8 or 9 p.m. Unfortunately, three of them neglected to turn off their phones and they succumbed to importuning husbands wondering how much longer they would be indulging themselves while the husbands struggled to lovingly interact with the tiresome tikes.
This event is now well planned with husbands given strict instructions to keep that day clear for bonding with their children. As one of my sons complained about his inability to accomplish anything because tending the children took his time, April reminded him he wasn't 'tending' he was 'parenting'.
This year, as the previous 3 or 4 years, it started at 9:30 with Deb, April, McCall and Teresa all leaving the kids in the care of their dads and heading for a day of relaxation. I am told this includes pedicures, manicures, massages, movies, lunch, talking, shopping, lunch, movies, talking, and - (I'm sure I missed something).
SO I am going to put something together for the men. I'm thinking about something like a man adventure. Start at Cabella's for ideas, ice fishing on the Jordan, skeet shooting, cart racing at Winners, ending at Famous Daves. Hmmm.(?)
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a fun day! Thanks to all the men in our lives that made it possible! And sorry to cut it short on you dad-we should have stayed out longer :)
Post a Comment