A million people attempted to get tickets for the MTC Christmas concert this past week. Last year we all were successful in the drawing and had tickets to give away. This year Matt drew out with 8 tickets. We parked 6-8 blocks away and walked in the freezing weather to the Conference Center were they have become quite proficient in jamming 20,000+ people into their various sections. We were upper balcony at the far west end. I was a little leary of the King Singers being interesting for a whole program. We loved Sissel last year and I didn't expect to experience a home run performance again. I'm thinking of Walter Cronkite, Peter Graves and other non-memorable outings. Not expecting much, I came away very satisfied and feeling like Christmas. I also heard the Choir broadcast this morning and it was terrific. One of the ward members was in the audience and said the First Presidency were there and the King Singers sang 'Danny Boy' for the Prophet.
The next night we went to the Utah Symphony and Symphony Chorus. Ruth is a member of the chorus and it was quite a contrast. The symphony was wonderful and everyone was pleased. But one was Christmas and the other was very classical. Good mix for the week.
Tonight the grandkids made more ginger bread houses and cookies and were at their best. Payton and Boston pulled on the ends of a chicken wishbone and for the first time in my experience the top popped off and could not be found and two boys each had the remained in their hands. I call that a win for both. I was brought to tears when Payton whispered to me that his wish was for Andrew to be safe in Iraq.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aw, how sweet of Payton! We pray for Andrew everyday at our house. Our family was also at the Christmas Concert Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad to hear that Matt got his "Christmas wish" of seeing the Kings Singers.
Its about time for a new update-
Post a Comment